COASTAL ALENTEJO & ROTA VICENTINA – BIKE
The smooth waving of the Atlantic waters, the slopes and hills that protect hidden beaches, quilometres and quilometres of wild and deserted coast. This is the Portuguese shouthwest coast, one of the most well kept natural treasures in Portugal.
The typical villages, filled with small white painted houses and blue stripes that flourish between valleys of plains, cork oak trees and acacia welcome its visitors. On one side the livelihood of the Atlantic and the Coast, on the other the charm of Alentejo, that brings you the most genuine life experiences at a peaceful and quiet rhythm.
We know the grounds better than anyone and we’ve selected every step on this tour, bringing you the most authentic of this region. Let yourself get carried away by the quiet of this wild and unique Portuguese region. The places we have in mind for you are true invitations to rest, in perfect harmony with the surroundings and, of course, are small places where family dimension is a constant.
- The paradisiac beaches
- The hills and slopes of the coast
- The white villages, lost in nature
WHY BOOK WITH US?
- We are Portuguese and know the hidden corners of our land better than anyone
- We work with the best experts in the activities provided
- We take every care when selecting your accommodation
- Online reservation with immediate confirmation
- Day 1: The rendez-vous is at the Lisbon Airport where we will welcome and gladly brief you with the scheduled program and its equipment. Together, we’ll head towards the charming country house Herdade da Matinha, located in Cercal do Alentejo village. After setting up the equipment and getting familiarized with the GPS and all the required information you’ll have time to enjoy true luxury: The silence and melody of nature. You’ll be able to enjoy every corner of the colourful Herdade da Matinha, walking through its 20 ha of cork and evergreen oaks or even go for a horseback ride. Dinner is almost ready and you’ll be delighted with the exquisite wonders coming from Matinha’s open kitchen.
- Day 2: After a breakfast filled with typical Alentejo products, we head towards Porto Côvo, a lovely fishing village whose beaches are protected by imponent slopes. At far we can see the Pessegueiro Island and if you are a good swimmer and the weather allows it, you can adventure youself and go there. We will also stop by Vila da Sonega, where time has stopped and where you’ll be able to feast yourself with some typical snacks. We head back through Serra do Cercal, located in the middle of the natural park and through its mysterious cork oak trees plains. The typical Cercal village awaits you for and end-of-day snack. Herdade da Matinha spares any introductions. 33km + 500m.
- Day 3: The destination is Vila Nova de Milfontes, one of the dearest villages in Portugal. Peddaling next to Rio Mira we will reach Almograve, known for its astonishing beach and natural dunes. Once in the village, you’ll be able to chat with the locals or enjoy the peace and quiet that live here. We will reach Cabo Sardão whose lighthouse marks the perfect harmony between land and water and where the white storks are queens and build their nests in the slopes. We head to Zambujeira do Mar known for its wild and almost deserted beaches and its astonishing views over the Atlantic Ocean. After that, we head down to the Algarve region, where the village of Odeceixe is our next destination. We follow the Seixe creek that will guide us until Odeceixe beach, where the creek and the Atlantic Ocean meet, creating a truly unique and amazing landscape. After that, you just need to pedal 3 km more to find the lovely “Casas do Moinho”, in the village of Odeceixe. 61km + 500m
- Day 4: After a detailed breakfast the destination is the valleys and plains around Odeceixe where in between mountain and shore, cork and evergreen oak trees create the perfect combination. The birds’ chirp is a constant in this area because the diversity of bird species is big here, which makes it a great place for birdwatching. We can’t get back to Odeceixe without first stopping at the beach where you can enjoy some fruit juice in one of its bars as well as the perfect union between land and sea. If time as passed and you’re still not back, finding the way is easy. All you have to do is look for the windmill. 26km + 300m.
- Day 5: After leaving “Casas do Moinho” the destination is the shore enchantments, exploring the “Rota Vicentina” fishermen tracks and feeling inspired by the huge Amoreira Beach, the famous Arrifana and Monte Clérigo beaches and the enchantments of its waves that seem be hand drawn. We reach Aljezur, where the Mouro Castle (that dates back to the 10th century) rises up as its protector. A few kilometres more and we reach the beautiful preserved Village of Pedralva who invites you to relax of all the day’s emotions. 50km +700M.
- Day 6: After a warming breakfast we’ll head towards the Pedralva village, where the pine tree woods show the way. From there we’ll pedal to the Carrapateira peer where the astonishing view over the ocean will make you feel unique. The Amado, Amoreira and Bordeira beaches are true references when it comes to surfing and other water sports, and make the delights of its visitors. We head back to Aldeia da Pedralva, for a last night in Portugal, hoping that you’ll feel impressioned by the natural surroundings and the wild landscape of the Southwest coast. 25km + 350m.
- Day 7: Hoping that the tour has overcome your expectations, we’ll drive you back to the Lisbon Airport. If you wish to stay a few more days in Aljezur we’ll gladly drive you back to Lisbon whenever most suits you.
The price of the program is €1345 per person on a double room to be held between October and May.
Special seasons, single and solo traveller supplements applies.
What is included:
6 nights’ accommodation with breakfast
Welcome reception at the airport with information about the programme providing a mobile phone, GPS track and informational material
Tranfers to and from airport
Pic-nic to go on the activity days
1 dinner at first hotel
Transfer of luggage between accommodations
What is not included or is extra:
You did not found what you are looking for in our offer? Contact us because we would ♥ to reduce, increase, modify, change, finally, we can ride the tour depending on your interests and availability. email@example.com.