THE CHARMING DOURO VALLEY – WALK
Douro’s beauty is the result of the perfect harmony between the natural surroundings and men influence.
Douro’s beauty is the result of the perfect harmony between the natural surroundings and men influence, since from milenia. Together they created the perfect conditions for the vineyard plantation on this region that produces the most distinguished nectars in the country.
The green hills, steep slopes, the serenity and beauty of the Douro River waters constrasts with the white and pink tones of the almonds, gifting this region with charm and glamour, making it one of the most romantic and unique in the country.
It’s in the north that Portugal was born and where the borderlines were formed, some of the oldest in Europe. This is a region with a distinguished and relevant artistic, cultural and historical legacy.
We invite you to let youself fall in love with the surroundings, with the epical stories, the legends and, of course, with the authenticity of the region. Findind Douro it is discovering the history of a region with thousands of years of stories to tell.
- The astonishing and unique landscapes of the Douro
- The enchantments of the Douro viewing points
- The historical legacy in the north of the country
WHY BOOK WITH US?
- We are Portuguese and know the hidden corners of our land better than anyone
- We work with the best experts in the activities provided
- We take every care when selecting your accommodation
- Online reservation with immediate confirmation
- Day 1: We welcome you to Oporto’s airport, where you’ll be given all the information of the program and all the necessary equipment. The next destination is Penafiel, where the Vinha family awaits to welcome us to their welcoming Solar Egas Moniz. Take the rest of the day to enjoy the peace and quiet of this lovely refuge.
- Day 2: After the breakfast filled with typical products we’ll head out to Paço de Sousa monastery, one of 21 Romanesque Route monuments. This route represents an important architectonic legacy of Roman origin that dates back to centuries before the country’s existence.
It is in the middle of a truly rural landscape that we reach “Castro de Monte Mouzinho”, one of the biggest pre-roman ruins in the Iberic Peninsula. Still wrapped in a millenial history, we head back to “Solar Egas Moniz” to enjoy a sunset. We suggest the company of some white port as an appetizer before dinner. 12.9km + 440m
- Day 3: Breakfast spares any introductions and the destination is a train trip with the most wonderful views over the Douro Vinyeards and the Douro River itself. You’ll reach “Peso da Régua”, “Douro’s capital city” where you’ll be able to visit Douro’s museum. The walk goes to “Quinta do Vallado” and its historical position as a port wine producer where you’ll be received with the flavour of a distinguished Port. 11.3Km + 500m
- Day 4: After a varied breakfast, the walk will go through the vinyeards, valleys and slopes around the “Quinta do Vallado” and the the Corgo Valley. We invite you to feel the Douro River’s energy, the life of the centennial vinyeards that lay there and to enjoy the almonds’ colours that go as far as the eye can see. We invite you to be dazzled with the unique landscape of Douro River. There are many different proposals at “Quinta do Vallado” and olive and wine tasting are just a few of them. 15.9km + 610m.
- Day 5: The destination of the day is Pinhão, once again travelling by train in a wonderful trip along the most incredible views over the Douro’s vinyeards. After reaching the destination, the route will be a lovely circcular walk within the lovely village of Pinhão, including a its lovely vinyards and old enchanted trails. The Vintage Douro House awaits you at the end of the day. 11.7km +580m
- Day 6: After a breakfast filled with details and after a small tranfer the walk will be through the typical village of Sabrosa and Provesende, both part of the protected area of Dourop by Unesco with unique views over the Douro valley. 14,4km + 370m
- Day 7: Today we’ll head out to the historical city of Oporto. Depending on the time of the year, we’ll be able to reach the city via the Douro River, by a nice boat trip, with lunch included, or by train. The 1872 River House, in Oporto’s riverside UNESCO world heritage, welcomes you to the 6 bridges city.
- Day 8: After a typical breakfast, we’ll be delighted to drive you to the airport. If you choose to stay a few more days, it will be our pleasure to drive you there whenever you prefer.
The price of the program is from €1065 per person on a double room basis. Special seasons, single and solo traveller supplements applies.
What is included:
6 nights’ accommodation with breakfast
Welcome reception at the airport with information about the programme providing a mobile phone, GPS track and informational material
Pic-nic to go on the activity days
1 dinner at Solar Egas Moniz
2 Luggage tranfer between accommodations
What is not included or is extra:
Airport transfers one way or round trip
You didn’t find what you’re looking for in our offer? Contact us because we would ♥ to reduce, increase, modify, change, and finally, we can do the tour depending on your interests and availability. Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.