OFF THE BEATEN TRACK ALGARVE – WALK
The Algarve is a mixture between mountain and sea, green and blue, historical and contemporary.
Going from the most colourful and lively local markets, the most typical villages, adornished by its white painted churches to the most romantic fields of almonds, perfumed by the breeze coming from the sea and the mountain, make the Algarve a region with a lot to discover.
The animal diversity in this coastal area make it one of the richest in the country, with the best spots for birdwatching, gathering all the ingredients for a truly authentic nature experience.
Let yourself get carried away by the gastronomy of a land where the freshness of fish and seafood will jump right into your plate and where pastries show the cultural influence of other people that once lived in the Algarve.
- The combination between the interior landscapes and the Algarvian coast
- Ria Formosa and its aquatic birds
- The lovely Cacela Velha village
WHY BOOK WITH US?
- We are Portuguese and know the hidden corners of our land better than anyone
- We work with the best experts in the activities provided
- We take every care when selecting your accommodation
- Online reservation with immediate confirmation
- Day 1: We welcome you in Lisbon airport where you’ll be given all your program information and equipment. The destination is the Algarve and the location is the charming small hotel “Vila Monte”, in the Moncarapacho village. You’ll be able to enjoy the hotel’s 4 different environments, to get a massage on the Keshba Spa or even have a few golf hits. Enjoy the quietness of the surroundings.
- Day 2: After the breakfast we’ll head out to the Monte Figo Mountain. The destination is “Cerro da Cabeça”, a spectacular alignment of hills, parallel to the 250m coast which, on clearer days, allow you to have the most incredible views. Also impressive is the field of “Megalapias”, the most exquisite of the region and a true geo-monument. On the way back we’ll go through the Moncarapacho village where you’ll be able to enjoy the typical Algarve almond dainties. (13 Km)
- Day 3: Today’s tour goes through a typical algarvian landscape, the charming orange orchards. Tasting the sweet orange of the Algarve is mandatory. We will go through several tracks and rural paths and also make a small stop on the typical village of Estiramatens, where you’ll be able to enjoy a glass of Algarvian orange juice. Today’s location is the lovely country house “Herdade da Corte” in Santa Catarina de Tavira, rising up between lovely hills and valleys. (16km)
- Day 4: After a breakfast with the most typical Algarvian products, we head towards “Pego do Inferno”, one of the most incredible waterfalls in the Algarve, and one that we can almost say belongs to the “Herdade da Corte” since it’s located just 5 km away. The landscapes filled with carobs and pomegranetes confer a distinguished glamour to this track. We head back to “Herdade da Corte”. Who knows? You might even enjoy a lovely appetizer at sunset. (11.5 Km)
- Day 5: The starting point will be in Cabanas, a distinguished Algarvian village, known for being part of Ria Formosa Natural Park. Ria Formosa is one of the most important wet areas of the country and its main habitats are dunes, salt marshes and intertidal environments that make this Natural Park one of the best places in the country for Birdwatching (here you can find various types of aquatic birds such as flamingos). We’ll also go through the lovely Cacela Velha village, whose church on the top of a small hill provides an amazing view over Ria Formosa. After that we’ll reach Altura where the warming Praia Verde Boutique Hotel awaits your arrival. (14 km)
- Day 6: After breakfast we’ll head towards Vila Real de Santo António, a peaceful Algarvian village, once called “Sítio das Hortas”, because it had more small gardens than houses. The city centre streets are of geometric organization, a Marquês de Pombal classic style, who is the figure of main square obelisk. We head back through enchanting pine tree forests and coast until we reach Praia Verde, who awaits us for one final night. (16km)
- Day 7: After the last breakfast in Portugal, it’s time to say goodbye but we hope to see you again soon.
This tour is self guided so it’s up to you to decide your date of departure, we will be here!
The price of the program is from €845 per person on a double room to be held between September and June.
Special seasons, single and solo traveller supplements applies.
What is included:
6 nights’ accommodation with breakfast
Welcome reception at the airport with information about the programme providing a mobile phone, GPS track and informational material
Pic-nic to go on the activity days
Transfer of luggage between accommodations
What is not included or is extra:
Transfers one way or round trip
You didn’t find what you’re looking for in our offer? We would ♥ to reduce, increase, modify, change, and finally, we can do the tour depending on your interests and availability. Contact us: email@example.com.