COASTAL ALENTEJO & ROTA VICENTINA – WALK
The Portuguese southwest coast is one of the most well kept coastal areas of Portugal and for the travellers that know it, it is probably one of the most well kept pearls in Europe.
But Alentejo’s southwest is not only about the beaches. It has so much more to offer. The white painted houses with blue stripes in its villages, which still keep the daily life of ancient times, rise up through the valleys and golden plains in this region. It’s in these environments that we truly understand the meaning of the word “stress”, since it’s something hard to find around these parts.
The gastronomy of the region is delicious, especially if you appreciate fish and seafood. The proximity to the ocean, and the importance of what we can pick up from it has on the local gastronomy, allowed years and years of mastering the making of these types of ingredients.
The Alentejo is a region filled with authenticity and the coastal area adds the smooth breeze of the Atlantic, making this region one of the Portuguese favorites. After going through all the steps of the region and selecting the best parts, we bring to you the opportunity of knowing Alentejo as well as any local person.
- The view over the centennial slopes and hills
- The deserted beaches
- The authenticity of the white painted villages
WHY BOOK WITH US?
- We are Portuguese and know the hidden corners of our land better than anyone
- We work with the best experts in the activities provided
- We take every care when selecting your accommodation
- Online reservation with immediate confirmation
- Day 1: The meeting point is at the Lisbon or Faro airport where we’ll welcome and brief you with the details of the program and equipment. The destination is the lovely country house Herdade da Matinha in the Cercal do Alentejo village. It’s lively and colourful decoration contrasts perfectly with the 20 ha of cork oak trees. Enjoy every corner of this lovely place and you’ll have the time to appreciate true luxury: the silence.
- Day 2: After a wonderful breakfast with the famous and traditional Alentejo bread, we’ll have our first steps on the Vicentine Route. We planned a very interesting tour that connects the fishermen track to the historic path. It’s a track with a bit of each environment where the coast is presented by the typical fishing village of Porto Côvo. Matinha awaits us for an end-of-day between the valleys of cork oak trees. 12.5km + 100m
- Day 3: Breakfast spares any introductions and today’s walk is through the coast. The path between the Almograve beach and Zambujeira do Mar goes between pine tree forests, slopes and dunes. Zambujeira do Mar is famous for its fresh fish and seafood. A snack at the end of the day is mandatory. The Herdade do Touril is an excellent option to spend the end of the day. 2o km + 300m
- Day 4: After a big variety of traditional products at breakfast we’ll head to the landscapes around Herdade do Touril country house. These are unique beaches, pretected by centennial slopes and hills, with pine trees and the lovely sea breeze. Storks usually make their nests there. 14km + 200m
- Day 5: We’ll leave Herdade do Touril country house and head south. In this tour we’ll cross the Alentejo region and enter Algarve through Seixe creek, that divides both regions, and follow the creek which will lead us to Odeceixe beach. This is where the creek and the Atlantic Ocean meet creating a truly unique and astonishing landscape. From the beach, it’s only 3km more until you can find Odeceixe village and when you see the windmill, “Casas do Moinho” is just next to it. 18km +400m
- Day 6: After having a more algarvian breakfast, today’s walk goes around Odeceixe. Seixe creek is the starting point for this tour that heads south and ends in Odeceixe beach. We continue along the shore and we’ll find historical paths that allow us to return to Odeceixe. If you wish to walk some more you can take your chance and go until Aljezur. Casas do Moinho waits for you. 13km + 300m
- Day 7: After saying goodbye to “Casas do Moinho” village tourism, we head towards the interior and follow the S. Teotónio creek at first and then the river Mira. We’ll then reach Odemira village that despite being the main and biggest city around, it can still delight its visitors with its peacefulness. Walk through the streets and head north where you’ll find the lovely “Quinta do Chocalhinho”. 22km + 250m
- Day 8: With the hope of seeing you again soon and that the tour has overcome your expectations that we’ll take you to the Lisbon or Faro’s airport. If you wish to stay a few more days in Aljezur we’ll gladly drive you whenever you desire.
This tour is self guided so it is up to you to decide your date of departure, we will be here!
The price of the program is €1015 per person on a double room to be held between October and May.
Special seasons, single and solo traveller supplements applies.
What is included:
7 nights’ accommodation with breakfast
Welcome reception at the airport with information about the programme providing a mobile phone, GPS track and informational material
Pic-nic to go on the activity days
1 dinner at first hotel
Transfer of luggage between accommodations
What is not included or is extra:
Transfers one way or round trip
You didn’t find what you’re looking for in our offer? We would ♥ to reduce, increase, modify, change, and finally we can do the tour depending on your interests and availability. Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.