1872 RIVER HOUSE
“A lovely destination at Ribeira do Porto, with the Douro River as its background”
ONCE UPON A TIME…
The rooms filled with portuguese details in its deco, with views over the river or the city. The building dates back to 1872 and opened its doors in 2014, after a profound remodelling process in which the house’s original details where kept intact.
Oporto city, whose historical centre belongs to UNESCO’s world heritage, is a mixture of tradition and modernity, and in this place we can walk the streets and find a city full of rhythm. From the tours to the Port Wine cellars to the local bars routes, the team is always ready with suggestions, in a very close and personal manner.
Let yourself get carried away by the Douro River’s beauty by staying in a room with the river as its background and enjoying a truly unique sunset.
REASONS TO LOVE IT
- The magnificent view over the Douro River
- The stone walls in some of the bedrooms
- The decorative details, with some “art noveau” architectonic elements
WHY BOOK WITH US?
- We are Portuguese and know the hidden corners of our land better than anyone
- We work with the best experts in the activities provided
- We take every care when selecting your accommodation
- Online reservation with immediate confirmation
- 8 rooms with a view over the city and the Douro River
- Dining room with a view over the Douro River
- Free Wireless Internet in the hotel and in the city
- The best hints about the city
- The tours to the Port Wine cellars
- Lello bookstore, one of the oldest in Portugal and one the most beautiful in the world
- “Francesinhas” at Capa Negra Restaurant
- The Saint Francisco Gothic church, just a few steps from the premium guest house
GPS Coordinates: N 41º8’25.975 W 8º36’57.552.
Cancellation: The reservations cancelled with at least 72 hours notice have no penalties, with at least 48 hours notice have a penalty of 50% of the total value and with less than 48 hours notice have a penalty of 100% of the total value of the reservation.
Check-in from 16.00 to 22.30
Check-out until 12:00
Payment onsite: credit card VISA, Mastercard, American Express or cash.
Pets are not allowed at the 1872 River House.
Portugal was born in the North. And arriving in Porto, it feels like taking […]
Historical Centre of Porto.
There are several places of interest to highlight in Porto’s downtown. […]
Porto is famous by its typical for its cafés. Just like Lisbon, Porto […]
In Porto’s historical centre, you’ll be able to enjoy one of the most […]