MADRE DE ÁGUA HOTEL RURAL
“A charming destination in the heart of Serra da Estrela and a gateway to explore the most authentic experiences in the region”
ONCE UPON A TIME…
With Serra da Estrela right ahead and its green and hilly fields, there is plenty of close contact with nature. The beauty of the surroundings invites you to get out and about but there are also plenty of reasons to stay where you are. Madre de Água is not only a hotel in a rural environment, it is also a producer of wines from the Dão Demarcated Region, of olive oil and of cheese made from local sheep’s milk.
The proposals for getting involved in these products and their production are countless; an orchard, an organic garden and many animals: goats, horses and Serra da Estrela dogs, the faithful guardians of flocks of sheep, typical of this region of Portugal.
When you start getting hungry, head to the restaurant, taste the Quinta’s own produce and other local food products, under the signature of Chef, who combines the authenticity of local gastronomy with contemporary presentation.
REASONS TO LOVE IT
- The perfect location for getting to know Serra da Estrela
- The wine and vineyards experience, or the olive oil and cheese experience
- Breakfast with plenty of typical local products
WHY BOOK WITH US?
- We are Portuguese and know the hidden corners of our land better than anyone
- We work with the best experts in the activities provided
- We take every care when selecting your accommodation
- Online reservation with immediate confirmation
- Outdoor swimming pool
- 10 double rooms
- 1 one-bedroom apartment and 1 studio
- Vegetable garden and Orchard
- Vineyards of the Dão Demarcated Region
- “Museu do Pão” (bread museum) restaurant, in Gouveia
- Typical local cakes and buns in the “Lá Na Praça” coffee shop, in Gouveia
- Visit the village of Sabugueiro (the highest village in Portugal) with typical Serra da Estrela souvenirs
GPS Coordinates: 40° 29′ 32” N; 7° 37′ 6” W
If you are coming from the south on the A1 motorway, exit at Coimbra Norte. Take the IP3 trunk road and exit onto the IC12 Nelas/Mangualde secondary trunk road. At the entrance to Nelas, take the EN231 national road to Seia. At the roundabout turn left onto the EN17 national road and continue on until you reach Gouveia.If you are coming from the south on the A23 motorway, when you reach Guarda, take the A25 motorway towards Viseu. Exit at Celorico da Beira and take the EN17 national road towards Gouveia.
Cancellations: If cancelled up to 7 days before the arrival date, a penalty of 50% of the total cost of the reservation will be charged. If cancelled less than 7 days before the date of arrival, or in the event of a no-show, a penalty of 100% of the total cost of the reservation will be charged.
During the high season, reservations must be cancelled at least 15 days before the arrival date. If cancelled less than 15 days before the arrival date, a penalty of 100% of the total cost of the reservation will be charged.
Check-in from 14:00 until 23:00
Check-out from 07:00 until 12:00
Payment: Visa, MasterCard and cash.
Madre de Água Hotel Rural accepts small pets.
Serra da Estrela mountain range.
Estrela is the highest mountain range on mainland Portugal, reaching […]
Madre de Agua Restaurant.
Madre de Agua Restaurant.
The gastronomic proposal at Madre de Agua has […]
Madre de Agua.
Product Tasting at Madre de Agua.
The proposal at Madre de Água Product […]
From Madre de Água Rural Hotel, there is a set of hiking trails […]