QUINTA DAS LAVANDAS
“Quinta das Lavandas is the result of the will of two people who joined forces in an innovative project that combines agriculture and tourism based on sustainable principles, welcoming you today with a soft scent of lavender”
ONCE UPON A TIME
Opposite the plantation and the organic garden is the building which was reconstructed down to the last detail in comfort and that houses the unit’s 7 rooms. They are all different and inspired by the flora of the estate, which gives each one of them an individual name. The decor uses bright, warm colours combined with original and distinctive decorative pieces, perfectly suited to the surroundings.
The unique and historical town of Castelo de Vide is just 4 kilometres away. It is known as “Alentejo’s Sintra” due to its stunning beauty, rich vegetation and historical legacy, which give the town the charisma of one of the most romantic towns in the Alentejo region.
REASONS TO LOVE IT
- Sensory experience due to its palette of colours and the inspiring aromas of Lavender
- Lavender processing activities: essential oil distillation, lavender handicrafts and own production of lavender cosmetic products: Lavandae
- A peaceful retreat offering a “Provence-like” atmosphere
WHY BOOK WITH US?
- We are Portuguese and know the hidden corners of our land better than anyone
- We work with the best experts in the activities provided
- We take every care when selecting your accommodation
- Online reservation with immediate confirmation
Teresa and Estevão are the mentors of this unique project. Having left behind them a career in economy in the capital to embrace this challenge, they welcome you today with a whiff of lavender, inviting you to an experience that is unique in Portugal.
- 7 bedrooms (Oliveira, Lavandim, Lavanda, Rosmaninho, Giesta, Castanheiros and Carvalho)
- 2 guest lounges with a games area
- “Home cinema” corner
- Gastronomic area for breakfast where light snacks can be served on request
- Vegetable garden, orchard and vineyard
- Visit the Ammaia Roman ruins (12 km away)
- Visit the Medieval Borough of Castelo de Vide (4 km away)
- Eat boleimas (a type of cake) in the “Sabores da Terra” charcuterie in the historical centre of Castelo de Vide
Quinta das Lavandas, Sítio de Vale Dornas, 7320-423 Castelo de Vide, Portugal
GPS Coordinates: 39,449118, -7.455897
Coming from Lisbon, take the A2/Sul motorway and then take the A6 motorway to Estremoz. Once in Estremoz take the IP2/N18 towards Portalegre. Once in Portalegre, head towards Castelo de Vide taking the N246 national road to Castelo de Vide. Just after the Fire Station, turn left and follow the signs for “Quinta das Lavandas”. You will be around 3.5 km away from the estate.
Coming from Porto, take the A1 motorway towards Lisbon and take the Torres Novas exit onto the A23 motorway. Follow the A23 motorway until you can merge onto the IP2 trunk road towards Portalegre. Follow the IP2 until the exit to Castelo de Vide. Continue on this road. At the entrance of Castelo de Vide, just after the Fire Station, turn left and follow the signs to “Quinta das Lavandas”. You will be around 3.5 km away from the estate. The entrance of the estate is marked with an easy-to-see wrought iron sign.
Cancellations: If cancelled up to 3 days before the arrival date, no penalty will be charged. If cancelled less than 3 days before the arrival date, or in the event of a no-show, a penalty equal to 100% of the total cost of the reservation will be charged.
Check-in: 3.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Check-out: from 8.00 am to noon
Payment methods: Cash, debit card.
No pets are allowed at Quinta das Lavandas.
Bicycles Lovers. Bicycles Castelo de Vide. The unique and historical town of Castelo de Vide is just 4 […] Spa and Massages. Quinta das Lavandas Spa and Massages. Lavender Experience Let yourself be dazzled by the guided tour through Quinta das Lavandas and […]
The area around Quinta das Lavandas, in the heart of Serra de São […]
Enjoy the cosy little Spa & Massages opposite […]
OTHER HOTELS IN THE AREA
Castelo de Vide.
The unique and historical town of Castelo de Vide is just 4 […]
Spa and Massages.
Quinta das Lavandas Spa and Massages.
Let yourself be dazzled by the guided tour through Quinta das Lavandas and […]