SOLAR EGAS MONIZ CHARMING HOUSE
“This Manor house is not a mere rental accommodation or a family run guest house, it is not mere rural tourism, it is not a hotel.It’s an invitation to sharpen your senses and take yourself on a trip”
ONCE UPON A TIME…
The beautiful city of Penafiel is a few minutes away, and its 242 years of history give it a degree of antiquity and charm, in contrast to a young and dynamic city, full of commercial spaces that keep the historical centre alive.
Its lush surroundings make this the perfect getaway to relax and contemplate the quietness. But there are many activities available. We recommend one of the many trails along the Romanesque Route or the most genuine and traditional of experiences such as an introduction to the art of embroidery or tasting typical local products accompanied by the regional vinho verde? For children, every whim is contemplated in a corner that is dedicated to them, providing their parents with some quiet time.
A different kind of tourism experience, as if coming home to friends you haven’t seen in a while…
REASONS TO LOVE IT
- An intimate, family environment
- A manor house that breathes history in a contemporary and relaxed atmosphere
- The genuine and varied dining experiences that let you experience the best in the region
WHY BOOK WITH US?
- We are Portuguese and know the hidden corners of our land better than anyone
- We work with the best experts in the activities provided
- We take every care when selecting your accommodation
- Online reservation with immediate confirmation
- 10 Rooms (historical, popular art, family, junior suite)
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Wine Bar
- Children’s area
- Self-Service Area
- The homemade cornbread, onion with red wine or prosciutto in the O Moleiro restaurant in Paço de Sousa. You can also visit the mill that is still used for grinding the bread that is served to you
- Picnic at Castro de Monte Mozinho, the largest Roman fortified settlement on the Iberian Peninsula. Immerse yourself in the ancient history of Portugal as you taste the delicacies of the region
- If you go with your family, be sure to stop by the Casa do Gaiato Institution which has a farm where you can feed the cows yourself and perhaps donate some toys that your child no longer uses to the children at this institution
GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 41°10’2.40″N ; Longitude: 8°20’34.09″
Airport-The nearest airport is in Porto and is only 30 minutes away from Solar Egas Moniz. Transfer services can be organised. Train-From São Bento Station in Porto or from Campanhã, take the Urban Train Caíde/Marco Canavezes line. It takes 40 minutes to reach your destination, Cête station.
Cancellation: If cancelled up to 7 days before the date of arrival, no penalty will be charged. If cancelled between 2 and 7 days prior to arrival, a cancellation fee of 50% of the total reservation will be charged. If cancelled less than 2 days before the arrival date, or in the event of a no-show, a penalty equal to 100% of the total cost of the reservation will be charged.
Check-in from 4.00 pm
Check-out until noon
Payment Methods Visa, MasterCard and cash.
Small pets are allowed at Solar Egas Moniz, subject to prior confirmation.
Family vacations for me are a patchwork of memories – there were the many […]
Portugal was born in the North. And arriving in Porto, it feels like taking […]
Best Small Hotels for a Spring Getaway
Spring has arrived here in Portugal, making it […]
Quinta da Aveleda
The Aveleda has been a family business since its founding in […]